The Forum was founded by the ASCMC to provide affiliates of Claremont McKenna College a medium for exchange of ideas. Over the years, the paper has become a source of reliable news and procrastination-friendly entertainment of the CMC variety.
The Forum is always looking to grow and improve our content, and interested students should feel free to contact us at any time. The Forum is especially seeking students who are interested in helping with web development. Additionally, donations are accepted through the ASCMC, which is a non-profit, tax-deductible 501(c)(3) organization.
Ana Kakkar ’14
Katya Abazajian ’14
Chief Operating Officer
Nathan Falk ’14
Nina Kamath ’16
Shannon Miller ’16
Adam Griffith ’14
Tess Hubbeling ’15
Alejandra Vazquez Baur
Kimaya de Silva
Heath Hyatt ’12
Michael Wilner ’11
Carl Peaslee ’11
Abhi Nemani ’10
Josh Siegel ’10
Ross Boomer ’09
This website is designed as an online forum and news blog that serves to provide an official student outlet for sharing information and ideas relevant to the CMC community. As such, this is a forum for ideas, and its content does not reflect the ideas or opinions of ASCMC, nor the managing editors of this website. Those students who post or comment on the site are liable and responsible for their own words, and any disagreements with their ideas should be directed towards the writers, not ASCMC or the website as a whole.
By contributing to this Forum either through post or comment – anonymously or with your actual name – you agree to abide by our Rules of Conduct for content, posted below. Editors also reserve the right to delete or edit any posts or comments that do not abide by the Rules of Conduct.
RULES OF CONDUCT: Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national laws and regulations and, in some cases, international treaties. You are solely responsible for all activities, acts and omissions that occur in, from, through or under your name. You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of this Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
- be libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, sexist, homophobic, heterosexist, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, malicious, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else;
- affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site;
- send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”;
- be used for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, marketing or offering goods or services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with any other website or web pages;
- transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting for any reason;
- modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Site by any other person, firm or enterprise; or
- collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, firm or enterprise, in connection with their or your use of the Site, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person, firm or enterprise to do so.
Disclaimer Updated December 1, 2008